Did you know that Facebook’s Marketplace has become one of the most profitable channels to sell your products? It is, without a doubt, an alternative both for entrepreneurs, SMEs or any business that wants to boost its sales. But what makes it different from other channels? You probably think that Facebook advertising offers the most benefits, but let me tell you, Marketplace posts have a much longer life cycle.
Due to its great potential, I am going to gather the best tips below so that you can exploit this channel to the fullest and your sales are a success.
Benefits of selling on Facebook Marketplace
There are 4 benefits that make Facebook Marketplace different from other channels:
- The life cycle of publications. The publications that are published in the Marketplace will appear for a much longer time visible to the user. While for example on a Facebook page, time is more limited.
- Sort the products by geographic proximity. Marketplace organizes products according to the geographic location that it shares with the potential customer. Although there is also the option to expand that radius.
- Searchability. This is linked to the optimizations of your publications. The better optimized they are, the better you will be found. In fact, this will extend the life cycle of your products.
- Better interaction with your customers. Through a private chat, buyer and seller can interact and build a much closer relationship.
Tips to increase your sales with Facebook Marketplace
After seeing all its advantages, surely you want to try one of the top marketplaces of the moment like Los Angeles Animation Studio. But first, I leave you a series of tips and recommendations that will help you achieve your sales goals and stand out from your competition.
1. Research which products are the best sellers on Facebook
Does an analysis on the platform to know what is the best seller? To do this, check the categories to find out what those products are.
On the other hand, Marketplace also gives you personalized suggestions, according to the preferences of each user. This will undoubtedly help you make more successful ads.
2. Add quality photos of your products
If there is something that stands out in Facebook Marketplace, it is the option to upload up to 10 images of the product. Try to take good photos, that have an adequate framing, good light and show all the details when required, because this is what will make a difference. And don’t forget that the size should not be less than 600 pixels.
An extra tip that I give you is that certain items, especially fashion and jewelry, sell better if you take the photos with models.
3. Select the appropriate category of the product you want to sell
Choose the category that best suits your product. For example, if you want to sell a car, there is a specific category of “cars.” Many forget about this and it is key to be found in the Facebook Marketplace.
4. Use keywords in the title and description
Another essential point for the user to find your product quickly. To do this, keep in mind:
- Research the words your potential customer uses to search for products similar to the one you sell. An effective formula is the following: product type + brand + color / gender / characteristic (one of these three). Check which one works best for you.
- Go for a short, snazzy description to attract the customer’s attention. Something that does not fail is to show you transparent and human. But first, remember to research who your ideal customer is to address them with a certain tone.
5. Consider paid ads in the Facebook Marketplace
You will have more reach by paying ads on the Facebook Marketplace than on the Facebook feed.
And is that one of the advantages of Facebook Marketplace ads is that these ads appear to the user both in the marketplace and in their news section.
6. Complete as much as possible all the fields that the platform asks of you
The client will not take the step of acquiring your product if they have doubts. Therefore, to avoid this, try to complete all the fields that Facebook asks you to do. In this way, when obtaining the information, if he has any questions, he will not hesitate to contact you by chat.
Also, one of the best features that I find in Facebook Marketplace is geolocation. By sharing your location, the system automatically organizes the products according to how close the customer is.
7. Don’t forget to set prices
Leaving the price field blank is bad practice. If you do not put it, you will receive an avalanche of messages that you will not be able to reply. So I advise you to put it to better segment your potential customers.
8. Don’t lie
Transparency is something that customers value very much when shopping online. So avoid putting free when all you want is to get attention. Add the real price and then if you want you can lower it.
9. Create an online profile with your brand
Potential buyers will visit the seller’s profile. Therefore, taking care of the profile image is important, since if it transmits a bad image, it will give you mistrust.
Some things you should check are the cover image, look for an attractive and quality one; a profile picture, showing your logo; show real photographs of your products and complete your profile with all your business information.
10. Publish the same article only once
Many users insist on publishing articles more than once because that way they think they have more visibility. However, this is bad practice because Facebook will detect it as spam; it could even block your account.
This does not mean that you cannot republish a product to show new photos, with another title and a more attractive and optimized description. This way, Facebook won’t treat your ads as spam.