MBBS in Canada
MBBS in Canada is an undergraduate program offered as a full-time 3-4 year MD (Doctorate of Medicine) degree. For admission to the medical program in Canada, Indian students must have a 3-4 year bachelor’s degree. As an Indian student, you must also pass MCAT and NEET to be eligible for admission to medical schools or universities in Canada. Here are some reasons to study MBBS in Canada with eligibility criteria you should know before taking admission.
Reputable Colleges and Universities in Canada
Canada has some of the best and reputable colleges and universities for providing medical education. MD is available at 17 medical universities in Canada. Also, as an international student, you can only gain admission to six colleges. One can be admitted to these courses generally from September to November. Also, the fees for these courses vary between CAD 26,000 and CAD 96,000 per year. Course fees can vary from college to college and the scholarship one receives.
Reasons to Study MBBS in Canada
Eligibility for MBBS in Canada
The eligibility criteria for MBBS in Canada and other similar courses are listed below:
- To pursue undergraduate studies, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in biology or science with certain minimum marks.
- A student must prove their English language proficiency through a test like IELTS or TOEFL. To take an undergraduate course, you must have a minimum of 6.5 bands in IELTS and 80 for TOEFL and to pursue a master’s degree; you need 7 in IELTS and 90 in TOEFL.
- The candidate must qualify for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), the entrance test for medical school admissions.
- As an Indian student who is going to study medicine or MBBS in Canada, you need to take the NEET exam.
- Also, you may also need to meet basic entry requirements as some universities require the same.
- For undergraduate medical courses in cities like Quebec, you need a 10+2 qualification and a one-year CEGEP diploma course.
- IELTS score at least 6.5 or 7 for study MBBA in Canada. Which is quite good score band for this you will need to learn IELTS from coaching center. Choose the best IELTS coaching with the help of education consultants or you can also join the best IELTS coaching in Jaipur.
Why Study MBBS in Canada?
Universities in Canada offer admission to very few students, so to study MBBS in Canada, you must have an excellent academic record and the potential to excel in the field and redefine healthcare.
Best Medical Colleges for Indian Students:
Canada has some of the best medical colleges for Indian students. And the country itself is known for its international knowledge. Also great excellence in the medical field. By choosing a medical program in Canada, Indian students can get the best medical education, training and exposure in the best medical institutes.
A large number of vacancies:
When it comes to the medical field, there is a huge gap between demand and supply in Canada, which gives rise to more and more job opportunities for Indian graduate students with MBBS.
Working Condition of Doctors:
If you graduated with MBBS in Canada, you have to work 35-40 hours per week which is pretty good. Also, there is very little chance that you will be unemployed, as the demand for doctors is high in Canada. As a result, the unemployment rate for doctors is very low. This rate was 0.9% in 2018, which is quite low compared to the national average.
No need to appear for MCI screening:
As an Indian student, if you are pursuing your MBBS degree in Canada. As a result, you will not be required to appear for MCI screening test. its is to practice medicine in India.
Shortage of doctors: According to a survey, Canada had only 2.8 doctors per 1,000 people in 2018. So, there is a shortage of doctors and MBBS graduate students have a golden opportunity to practice medicine relatively more easily.
Course Syllabus for MBBS in Canada
To become a doctor in Canada, you must go through three academic stages:
A student must have a 3-4 year bachelor’s degree in a medical or non-medical field equivalent to Canadian colleges to apply for the Doctor of Medicine.
Doctor of Medicine (MD):
The Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a 3-4 year postgraduate degree where students study medicine in detail. So, it is divided into foundation and internship. Also, the subjects covered in the first two years are called core courses . Also these are academic with some laboratory activities. During the last two years, students work with experienced physicians and clinics to gain hands-on experience, known as an internship.
In Canada, medical residency is a 3-5 year training program. Upon completion of the program, students obtain specialty certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) or a Family Physician Certification from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
With a Canadian medical degree , you can get a career opportunities as:
- Physician from the emergency department
- General practitioner
- Specialists, etc.
Pursue MBBS in Canada with the guidance of expert study in Canada consultants and make your study abroad dream come true.