North Korea’s First Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan said that the abrupt announcement of the cancellation of the meeting is unexpected and North Korea finds it extremely regrettable. He said, North Korea is willing to sit face-to-face any time in any form to resolve the problem.
On Thursday, U.S. President Donald Trump had called off a planned historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
Trump in a letter to the North Korean leader said: “Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it would be inappropriate, at this time, to have this long- planned meeting.
Earlier in the day, North Korea’s state news agency KCNA said that North Korea has completely dismantled its Punggye-ri nuclear test ground “to ensure the transparency of discontinuance of nuclear test.
In a video provided by South Korean media, the nuclear testing facilities were seen being demolished and North Korean staff told reporters that there was no leakage of radioactive material or adverse impact on the surrounding environment.