Home / News / India / Bombay HC issues notice to Google, YouTube over “judge sting” video

Bombay HC issues notice to Google, YouTube over “judge sting” video

MUMBAI: The Bombay high court on Friday issued showcase notices to Google and YouTube over a video uploaded online of court proceedings that was titled as a “sting”. A division bench of Justice Abhay Oka and Justice Anuja Prabhudessai also directed Google and YouTube to immediately pull down the video.

The court has issued contempt notices against persons involved with uploading the video. The HC said that it would decide about the proceedings against an advocate involved in the case on February 22, 2017.

The court was hearing a plea filed by the Bombay Bar Association to initiate criminal contempt proceedings against an advocate and others involved in video recording of court proceedings and uploading it online as a sting. The petition said that the association had obtained approval from Maharashtra advocate general Rohit Deo for initiating contempt action.

Under the Contempt of Courts Act, the permission of the advocate general is a mandatory condition if a person wants to file such a petition. The video of proceedings of a court was recorded and uploaded on Youtube. The video made unsubstantiated allegations of corruption against a judge.Earlier this week, the HC administration had banned cellphones inside court rooms.

Leave a Reply

x

Check Also

‘Like’ frauds cheated 5,000 investors of Rs 8 crore in 8 months

GURUGRAM: Police have nabbed four people, including the directors and manager of ...

Wife accuses husband of rape after 16 yrs of marriage

AHMEDABAD: Dhandhuka police station has filed a case after receiving a complaint ...