New Delhi: Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday announced the fresh set of 27 cities for financing under the Government flagship Smart City Mission.
As per the Misison guidelines, as many as 40 cities have to be announced during this financial year, as the government had already announced 13 cities in May.
Here are the highlights of Smart city announcement
-List of 27 cities announced. In the order of merit here is the list
– As against 27 smart city slots left to be filled up during this FY, 27 of 63 participating cities have qualified
– Competition based selection has made the cities rediscover themselves
– Willingness and enthusiasm among cities to participate in more than 1 round of competition evidence of urban renaissance
– New batch of smart cities are from 12 states
– Naidu calls it Urban Renaissance
– The competition was held in which 63 cities had participated in three rounds of competition
– Naidu begins his speech
-Announcement of 3rd list of Smart Cities will be made by M Venkaiah Naidu at 3.45 PM