Chelsea captain John Terry will be on the sidelines for 10 days and will miss the club’s Premier League game against Liverpool on Friday due to a foot ligament injury, it was announced on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old central defender was injured in Sunday’s 2-2 draw against Swansea and left the Liberty Stadium on crutches.
“John Terry’s injury suffered in Sunday’s game at Swansea is strained ligaments in his foot. He will be out for approximately 10 days,” Chelsea said in a statement.
He will also miss Football League Cup third round clash against Leicester City next Tuesday.
In Terry’s absence, David Luiz is expected to make his debut in his return to Chelsea following an around $ 40 million agreement with Paris Saint-Germain.
City-Gladbach CL match called off after torrential rain
Zidane: ‘Ronaldo ready to play’
UCL: PSG’s strong home record, Aguero’s drought
Zidane expects tough tests for European champion Madrid
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.