Scholarships are offered to the 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/ 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses and 2-year M.Sc. course students opting for basic & natural science subjects viz (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Bio-chemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences.
Admissibility of scholarship: The scholarships are limited only to the students who have taken admission during the year 2016 in any of the following courses: A) i) 3-year B.Sc. program in Basis & Natural Science. ii) 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. program in Basic & Natural Sciences at IIT, IISc, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS or in any college/university. B) 2-year M.Sc. program in Basic & Natural Sciences. Under basic & natural science 18 subjects mentioned above will be considered.
The Scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional or technical or applied science courses.
Number of scholarships:
- 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year Integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses :150
- 2-year M.Sc. course: 50
Amount of scholarships:
- Rs. 4,000/- P.M. for 3-year B.Sc. course.
- Rs. 6,000/- P.M. for 2-year M.Sc. course.
- If the students take admission in 4-year B.S. or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. then the amount of scholarship during 1st, 2nd & 3rd year will be Rs. 4,000/- P.M. and during 4th & 5th year Rs. 6,000/- P.M.
- Research mentorship: The selected students will get mentorship grant (one time) of Rs. 12,000/- in 3-year B.Sc. program, Rs. 17,000/- in 4-year B.S. program, Rs. 22,000/- in 5-year integrated M.Sc. program and Rs. 10,000/- in 2-year M.Sc. program.
- For 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. in basic & natural science subjects, the students should have passed class X and XII Board examination from a school situated in Haryana with minimum 85% marks in 12th class (for rural area schools minimum 80% marks in 12th class). For 2-year M.Sc. in basic & natural science subjects, the student should have passed X, XII and B.Sc./B.A. (B.A. for M.Sc. Mathematics) from school/college/university situated in Haryana with minimum 75% marks in B.Sc./B.A. class.
How to apply:
Applications can be downloaded from the University’s official website.
Last date: 19th September, 2016.
For more details, please visit, http://www.dstharyana.org/html/whatsnew.htm.