- Number of Scholarships: 150
- Under SPDC scheme financial assistance for specific undergraduate courses in Professional and Non-Professional courses (except Medical and related courses) is provided towards tuition fee, admission fee and post admission services.
SPDC is awarded to following four categories
- Person of Indian Origin.
- Non-Resident Indian.
- Children of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying outside India.
- Children of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying in India.
- The SPDC is open to applicants in the age group of 17 to 21 years as on 1st October 2016. Applicants born on or after 1st October 1995 and before 1st October 1999 are eligible to apply. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University Certificate of Class 10th or equivalent, or as mentioned in a certificate for this purpose issued by appropriate Government authorities of respective countries will be taken as authentic for this purpose.
- Qualifying Examination: The candidate must have passed the Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination from a system of education recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with requisite subjects.
- Minimum Marks in qualifying Examination: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grades in the aggregate of all the subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Subjects of Study in Qualifying Examination: The candidate must have studied the prescribed essential subjects at the qualifying examination level to pursue a particular course of study. Details of Institutions and Courses offered are as given at Appendix-C.
- Nationality: Indian as well as well Non-Indian Residents (ECR countries are: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Yemen) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to apply:
Applications can be downloaded from, http://spdcindia.gov.in
Last date: 23rd September, 2016.
For more details, please visit, http://www.spdcindia.gov.in/login/guideline.php