Value: The value of the scholarship will be 1000/- per month. In addition, a stipend of 1500 p.m. will be provided for a maximum period of six months training / project work during the entire course.
Duration: The duration of the scholarship and the stipend will be for a period of 3 years expected to cover the period of the course to which the candidate is admitted. The stipend will be for a period of six months.
- The scholarship is exclusively meant for students from North East India.
- The students must have obtained minimum 70% marks (or 7 in 10 scales) at 10+2 examination and passed in the year 2016only.
- Student must be admitted to a basic science course at degree level.
- Only the scholarship holder will be eligible for availing the training stipend.
- Economically weak students will be given preference.
How to apply:
Duly filled application forms along with the required documents in a sealed cover should be sent by Speed post or Registered post only to, Head, Research Planning and Business Development (RPBD) Division, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat-785006, Assam. India.
Last date: 12th September, 2016.
For more details, please visit. http://www.neist.res.in