a) Be a citizen of a country listed in Table 1,
b) Be enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme1 at the University of Waikato,
c) Not be classified as a domestic student,
d) Be in receipt of a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato,
e) Have met the English language requirements for admission, or completed a Certificate of Attainment in English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies,
f) Be commencing full-time study in the year of tenure and be intending to study at the University of Waikato for a minimum of 12 months,
g) Be residing in NZ for the tenure of the scholarship,
h) Not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2 ,
i) Not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement3 or on a Study Abroad and Exchange Programme agreement.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted along with:
a) An Application to Enrol (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), OR a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
b) A personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following: What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these
- Goals? What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate
- For this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- The Scholarships will be offered on the basis of academic merit and future potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Applications will be short-listed by the University’s International Regional Managers’ and forwarded to the Selection Panel.
- The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees) and will regularly meet to assess applications.
- The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the selection meeting
Closing Date: No Set Closing Date
For more details Click here