- First Prize (3 nos.) Rs. 21,000/- (One for each topic)
- Second Prize (3 nos.) Rs. 14,000/ (One for each topic)
- Third Prize (3 nos.) Rs. 7,000/- ((One for each topic)
- Consolation Prize Rs. 3,000/-
- The prizes will be distributed during celebration of FOUNDER’S DAY in OCTOBER 2016.
- Nuclear Power in India – Challenges and future direction.
- Societal benefits of non-power applications of nuclear science and technology.
- Laser light in the service of Indian nuclear energy.
The essay should begin with an introduction and end with a conclusion. The introduction should highlight the multifarious achievements of DAE in basic sciences and nuclear technology development and how these have helped in overall societal development in the country. The introductory portion should not exceed 350 words & should be followed by a detailed essay not exceeding 1500 words in any one of topics given below. The conclusion should not exceed 150 words. The entire essay should not exceed 2000 words.
- Students studying for graduation in India (after 10+2), in any discipline, in an Indian university or an institute deemed to be a university.
How to send the essay:
- The essay should be sent to the address given below directly by the contestant, No essay will be accepted if sent by Email or Telefax. Essays not conforming to the said guidelines shall be disqualified.
- Address for sending the essays:
Public Awareness Division,
Department of Atomic Energy,
Government of India,
Mumbai – 400 001.
Last date: 03rd August, 2016.
For more details, please visit, http://dae.nic.in/writereaddata/essay_2016.pdf or www.dae.gov.in