- Number of VRPs: The maximum number of VRP/VRF would be upto 12 for the year 2016-17. However, if the Committee finds more eligible candidates, the number can be enhanced.
- Duration: The duration of the Visiting Research Professorship/Faculty would be for a period ranging from three months to one year.
Details of the Award:
- The Visiting Professor will receive emoluments ranging from Rs. 75,000/- per month to Rs. 100,000/- per month (+ HRA) based on the level of experience and expertise.
- Each selected candidate will also be paid economy class return airfare, consumable grant upto Rs. 50,000/- per annum (prorated for different periods), as well as a contingency grant of Rs. 25,000/- (fixed).
- In addition, Bench Fee provided to the Host institution is as follows: Rs.25, 000/- for three months tenure; Rs.50, 000/- for six months tenure, Rs.75, 000/- for 9 months tenure, and Rs.100, 000/- for one year tenure.
- The award shall be given to active or superannuated Indian scientists/technologists, below the age of 70 years as on 30th September 2016.
- Those who are in service should get their applications forwarded through proper channel, with endorsement from the Head of their parent institution.
How to apply:
- Applications can be downloaded from, http://btisnet.gov.in/ner/vrp.htm
- A soft copy of the application is also required to sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested candidates may send their applications (two hard copies) strictly as per the format through proper channel to Dr. T Madhan Mohan, Adviser, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO, Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi- 110 003
Expert committee constituted by the Department will evaluate the applications/nominations received and recommend suitable scientists/faculty for the “Visiting Research Professorship/ Faculty for NER” Award. The committee would normally meet once in a year or as and when required in the interest of the scheme.
Last date: 31st August, 2016.
For more details, please visit, http://btisnet.gov.in/ner/vrp.htm