Home / News / Asia / Destruction at Ujjain Kumbh shocks Nishant Sharma

Destruction at Ujjain Kumbh shocks Nishant Sharma

Mumbai, May 9 (IANS) Reacting to the trail of destruction at the Ujjain Kumbh due to rain and strong winds, actor Nishant Sharma says the incident left him shocked and the authorities should have been better prepared.

The actor, who was last seen in the 2014 movie “Kahin Hai Mera Pyar” along with Jackie Shroff and Sanjay Kapoor, was saved in the nick of time.

As it poured heavily and the wind blew at a high speed last week, hundreds of temporary structures at the Kumbh site caved in with dozens of devotees buried within and hundreds more running for their lives.

At least seven people were found dead and more than 100 injured near the banks of the Kshipra river where the authorities had claimed to have made “safe” arrangements.

Nishant also expressed disappointment over the arrangements.

“This accident happened as soon as I reached my hotel. I was very shocked to know about this…I tried going to the accident site but couldn’t due to police restrictions. I must say that authorities of Kumbh mela (fair) should have taken proper care of all the people out there,” Nishant said in a statement.

He added: “I was happy to see that the situation was soon brought under control.”

Leave a Reply

x

Check Also

Heavy Rains To Continue Over Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Idar, Deesa

Heavy Rains To Continue Over Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Idar, Deesa

Many parts of Gujarat continued to witness heavy to extremely heavy rainfall ...

Birth certificates no longer a must for passport

Birth certificates no longer a must for passport

NEW DELHI: You no longer need to show your birth certificate to ...