New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) The Supreme Court on Saturday refused to re-look its order directing the holding of two National Eligibility Entrance Tests (NEET) for admission to under graduate medical courses for 2016-17.
Declining to entertain a plea for re-look at the order, a bench of Chief Justice T.S. Thakur, Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice R. Banumati said: “The matter has been argued before another bench. The matter is over.”
The court said this when a lawyer pointed out to the difficulties that students would face if they are asked to appear for NEET if they are not prepared for it.
The Supreme Court on Friday said that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the NEET on May 1 and July 24, for admission to under-graduate medical courses as it had earlier directed.
The court had on April 29 reiterated its order for holding of NEET on May 1A and July 24, even after Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi while seeking the modification of its order (passed on April 28) contending that a large number of students who had their schooling in the regional languages not proficient in English will find it difficult to appear in NEET 1 to be held on May 1.
This would be discriminatory, Rohatgi appearing for the central government had said, making a strong plea that the court should allow the exam being conducted by states also.