Stipend and other financial Support:
- Selected JRFs will be paid a fellowship of Rs.25,000/- per month which will be raised to Rs. 28,000/- per month after two years, subject to a satisfactory academic review.
- An academic allowance of Rs. 10,000/- per year will be given for five years.
- Expenses connected with the registration for Ph.D. degree, such as, tuition fees and examination fees will be borne by PRL.
- Students are offered financial support up to Rs. 1.0/- lakh (Rupees One lakh only) for participating in an international academic meeting during the Ph.D. tenure, excluding the duration of the course work and subject to fulfilling extent PRL norms.
Areas of study:
- Theoretical Physics
- Solar Physics
- Space and Atmospheric Sciences
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Planetary Sciences
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Geophysics, Ocean Sciences, Atmospheric Sciences, Space Science and Environmental Science with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor ’s and Master’s levels.
- Students from all disciplines applying for JRF programme must have had Physics and Mathematics in their Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree should be on or after August 2014. Those students expecting a Master’s degree by August, 2016 are also eligible to apply, subject to having secured first class (60 %) or equivalent grades up to the last semester.
- B. Tech/B. Sc. and M. Sc./M. Tech. in Physics, Applied Physics, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Optics, Laser Physics, Space Science and related subjects with 60% marks or a CPI/CGPA 6.0 out of 10.0
Geosciences and allied subjects:
- B. Tech/B. Sc. and M. Sc. / M. Tech. in Geology, Geophysics, Atmospheric Science, Environmental Science, Meteorology, Chemistry, Ocean Science and related subjects with 60% marks or a CPI/CGPA 6.0 out of 10.0
Applicants should have qualified in any one of the following in subjects
- Physics/PhysicalSciences/Geology/Geophysics/Chemistry/Chemical Sciences/Earth Sciences:
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, NET-JRF [December 2014/June 2015/December 2015]
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD [GATE 2014/GATE 2015/GATE 2016]
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST 2016).
Nationality: Only candidates with Indian citizenship can apply.
Age Limit: 25 years as on 31.12.2015 (born on or after 31.12.1990).
How to apply:
Applications can be downloaded from, https://www.prl.res.in/~recruit/njrf/advt.php
- Last date: 15th April, 2016
- Date of Interview: 07th -10th June, 2016
For more details, please visit, https://www.prl.res.in/