The awards will carry a citation and a cash prize of Rs. 2,00,000/- (rupees two lakhs) each.
- Print + Digital (newspapers, magazines, websites and other digital platforms).
- Broadcast (television).
- Entries can be made for any format of journalism – print, broadcast and digital/multimedia.
- Entries should have been published/ broadcast in India.
- Entries can be made for work appearing in any language, as long as an English language translation is provided for judging purposes. The English translation should be faithful to the original work. The work will be judged based on the English translation.
- Organisations or individuals may apply, based on the nature of the work and the number of persons involved, i.e., teams or individuals may be nominated.
- Each entrant can submit a maximum of three separate entries in each category.
- Each entry could have several parts, such a series of articles or multiple parts of a documentary.
- Winners’ work will be showcased on the awards website.
- The ACJ Awards Committee reserves the right to request nominees to authenticate the publication or broadcast of their work(s). This includes proof of publication, or, where such proof is not available, a letter of authentication from the publisher or editor.
- Only journalistic work that was published or broadcast from 1st January 2015 to 31st December 2015 will be considered.
How to apply:
Online application or by post.
Last date: 31st January, 2016
Announcement of the winners: 3rd May 2016.
For more details, please visit, http://www.asianmedia.org/ACJ%20awards.asp