Despite his nearly two decades as an international sex symbol, British soccer star David Beckham says he’s still flattered to be named People magazine’s 30 anniversary Sexiest Man Alive.
“It’s a huge honour,” the 40-year-old Beckham told the magazine that announced its choice on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday night. “I’m very pleased to accept,” he said.
And his famous fashion designer wife, Victoria Beckham, approves, too, Beckham said.
“I would hope that she feels this way about me all the time anyway!” he said.
But the father of four insists he doesn’t think of himself as being all that hot. “I never feel that I’m an attractive, sexy person,” Beckham told People presumably with a straight face.
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.