The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) is conducting joint screening test for PhD Mathematics Scholarships, 2016 and admissions to the PhD/Integrated PhD programs of certain institutions in India which include Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai for the academic year 2016-17.
- Scholars will receive a scholarship worth Rs. 25,000/- per month for 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 28,000/- per month for subsequent years and also a contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/- per year and house rent allowance as per central government norms wherever applicable
- Candidates who have completed their BS/MA/M.Sc. (or equivalent) degree and have secured admission to a recognized PhD program on or before 1st August, 2016.
- Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the written test and interview.
How to Apply:
- Candidates should make the applications on a plain paper in the given format: http://www.imsc.res.in/
- The duly filled in form along with a recent passport sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a Rs. 5/- postage stamp should be sent to the respective addresses of the appropriate zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- Last date: 7th December, 2015
- Date of written test: 23rd January, 2016
For more details, please visit: http://www.imsc.res.in