The Winner will receive:
- A 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal with Intrepid Travel
- Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Kathmandu, Nepal
- Insight into how Nepal is being rebuilt through the Australian Himalayan Foundation
- Professional mentorship from travel photographer Richard I’Anson
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads
- Plus be outfitted for the assignment with gear from Kathmandu
The 4 Runner ups will receive:
- A FREE 45-min portfolio review from Richard I’Anson (valued at $ 800 AUD)
The 25 shortlisted entrants will receive:
- The option of a 45-min portfolio review from Richard I’Anson (special rate of $ 400 AUD)
The entrants must:
- Have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English.
- Have a current, valid passport and must be available as per the dates set out.
- Be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights!
- Be an exceptional photographer with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow your photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in travel photography.
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities (subject to obtaining a visa to enter Nepal)
- Any non-professional can apply – this is open photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking build a career in travel photography.
- Applicants must have an age of minimum 18 years as on 25th November, 2015
How to apply:
To apply for the scholarship, follow these 3 steps:
- Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images): Your images must tell a story about a place you have visited. ‘Place’ may be anywhere; somewhere in your own community or much further away. Each of the 5 shots must have accompanying caption text (1-2 sentences) to help contextualize the shot.
- Craft a 1500-character essay telling us what winning this scholarship would mean to you and why we should choose you.
- Complete the application form including your personal details along with uploading your photos at: http://scholarships.travel/apply
Last date: 25th November 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.worldnomads.com/learn/travel-