Reigning champions Atletico de Kolkata today announced the signing of Serbian forward Deja Lekic as replacement for Josemi in the Indian Super League football tournament.
The 30-year-old tall Serbian forward, who has played La Liga sides like CA Osasuna and SD Eibar, will be joining the side in place of Josemi who would not be able to take part in the rest of the tournament due to an injury.
“I am looking forward to Lekic who seems a good prospect for the team is also expected soon to join the side,” head coach Antonio Habas said in a statement.
Having jumped to top-four after their 3-2 win in Kerala, ATK will also be bolstered by the return of their marquee player Helder Postiga who will join the side in Delhi tomorrow ahead of their match against Delhi Dynamos FC on November 14.
“Postiga will definitely add the enthusiasm to the side after our good performance yesterday against Kerala Blasters FC. He has recuperated well and hopefully will be in action very soon,” Habas added.
India face crucial World Cup qualifier against Guam
Izumi’s double strike lifts ATK
Chennaiyin look for revenge against NEUFC
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.