FIFA says there are seven official entries for the presidential election to replace Sepp Blatter, with former Trinidad and Tobago player David Nakhid not on the list.
Nakhid said this month he submitted his application with the required five nominations. However, Nakhid was left off the list of valid candidatures published by FIFA on Wednesday.
The seven are: Michel Platini, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, Gianni Infantino, Tokyo Sexwale, Musa Bility, Jerome Champagne and Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa.
Platini’s candidature has been accepted pending a FIFA ethics committee investigation into financial wrongdoing.
The election is scheduled for February 26.
Bility claims he is the only credible FIFA candidate
Swiss police open criminal case against Blatter
Blatter back at work at FIFA, due to address staff
Blatter awaiting fate after ethics panel investigation
Stoke add to Mourinho woe, Wednesday stun Arsenal
‘Special One’ in a special mess!
Wayne Rooney granted testimonial
League Cup: Mourinho and Klopp hoping for turnaround
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.