Aritz Aduriz continued his superb start to the season by scoring two goals to lead Athletic Bilbao to a 3-0 win over Sporting Gijon on Monday.
The 34-year-old striker, who recently signed a contract extension through 2017, is enjoying a fruitful spell in front of goal.
Markel Susaeta opened the scoring in the 29th minute.
Aduriz netted off a rebound after his penalty kick was saved in the 42nd, and scored again in the 67th.
The win moved the Basque club into 12th place, further clear of the relegation zone while Sporting fell to 17th.
THE RESULT: Athletic Bilbao 3 (Susaeta 29, Aduriz 42, 67) bt Sporting Gijon 0.
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.