The Swiss Government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships to foreign scholars and researchers to provide them an opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland at one of the public funded university or recognized institution.
- PhD Scholarships: 3 years maximum
- Postdoctoral Scholarships: 12 months
- Research Scholarships: 12 months maximum
- PhD Scholarships: The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of 1’920 Swiss Francs.
- Postdoctoral Scholarships: The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of 3’500 Swiss Francs.
- Research Scholarships: The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of 1’920 Swiss Francs.
- Exemption of the tuition fees (except for EPFL).
- For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: Mandatory Swiss Health insurance paid by the FCS.
- A lump sum for air fare for non-European grantees (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special 300 Swiss Francs housing allowance (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- 1 year half-fare public transportation card.
- Counseling and various trips, dinners and sigh-seeing tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- PhD Scholarships: Master degree or equivalent University degree recognized by the Swiss University.
- Postdoctoral Scholarships: PhD degree and there cannot be a gap of more than 5 years between the award of the PhD and the application deadline.
- Research Scholarships: Master degree or equivalent University degree.
- Applicants who are in Switzerland for more than 1 year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must provide a letter (or e-mail) from a Professor from the Swiss host institution stating that they are willing to supervise the research. Without such confirmation the application will be rejected.
- Applicants must have a research proposal including a timeframe.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the research/studies.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- The applicant must not be more than 35 years old at the moment of the application (for Research and PhD Scholarships)
How to Apply:
- Applicants can obtain application form by e-mail from the Swiss Embassy in New Delhi.
- Applicants should submit their application form (1 set of originals, signed documents and the attested translations; 2 copies of first set) to
Swiss Embassy in New Delhi
Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, 110021 New Delhi.
Last Date: 12th November, 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.sbfi.admin.ch/themen