- The syllabus for Mathematical Olympiad (regional, national and international) is pre – degree college (Plus 2, Higher Secondary) mathematics.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hrs and contains a total of 6 to 7 questions which are not of multiple choice.
- A total of 30 – 35 students are selected for the INMO.
- Students after qualifying RMO 2015 will be able to participate in the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) to be held on 1st February, 2015 that gives a qualifying step to participate towards the International Mathematical Olympiad 2015.
- INMO will be conducted under the joint association of National Board for Higher Mathematics and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education.
- Students from class 9th , 10th and 11th are eligible to participate.
- Exceptionally talented students from Class 8th may be allowed to appear at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator.
- For participating in the RMO 2015 for the region Telangana, Student must be studying in a school located in the Telangana state.
- Student should be born after 1st August, 1996.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2015- Telangana Region.
How to Apply:
- Students can apply online at: http://www.math-olympiad-telangana.in
- Students should pay an examination fee of Rs. 150/- (non refundable), by Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad payable at Hyderabad.
- Candidates should send the printed copy of the submitted online application form along with DD via post to the Regional Co-ordinator (or) leave the envelope containing the DD and the application form in a drop-box at the School of Mathematics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- Before sending the application form to the Regional Co-ordinator, students should get recommendations of school, signed either by the Head or by one of the Mathematics Teachers of student’s institution. It should also bear the school seal.
- Students should write on the envelope as “Application for Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2015” and address it to the regional co-ordinator, RMO.
Last date for Online Submission: 20th October 2015
Last date to receive application hard copy and DD: 1st November, 2015
Issue of Hall tickets: 20th November 2015
Date of test: 6th December 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.math-olympiad-telangana.in/