Indian Super League (ISL) franchise Delhi Dynamos has signed Dutch midfielder Serginho Greene, it was announced on Friday in Gothenburg.
Greene, 33, also played the second half of the side’s friendly against Swedish team BK Hacken at the Bravida Arena here.
“He is a player who is willing to learn and grow. His speed will help us a lot as a team and I am very happy about his signing,” Dynamos head coach Roberto Carlos said in a statement.
The Dutchman started his youth career at Ajax Amsterdam and flourished there to make a mark there. Later on, he moved to big ticket clubs like Feyenoord Rotterdam, Vitesse and Haarlem. Greene was also a member of the Netherlands Under-16 and Under-21 football teams.
Greene can play almost in any defensive role which makes him a key player for the team. Not only does he have a flaming drive for winning games and a brave personality, he is also quick on his feet and has excellent decision making characteristics.
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.