Barcelona’s club president says the European champions will consider offering Neymar a contract extension amid speculation that Manchester United is interested in signing the Brazil striker.
Josep Bartomeu tells Catalunya Radio that “in the next few months we will talk about an extension. He must stay, not just three years, but five or 10 years more.”
The 23-year-old Neymar is under contract until 2018. Media reports in Brazil speculate that United is willing to pay his 190 million ($ 218 million) buyout clause.
Neymar scored 39 goals last season his second with the club to help Barcelona win the Champions League, Spanish league and Copa del Rey treble.
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.