The Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, is conducting a National level examination for admission to PhD/ Research Programmes through ICMR JRF Entrance Examination, 2015 in collaboration with PGIMER, Chandigarh for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) through Indian Council of Medical Research.
- Number of Fellowships: 150 (120 fellowships would be awarded for work in the field of bio-medical sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences and 30 fellowships would be awarded for work with emphasis on Social Sciences)
- Duration of the Fellowship: 2 years
- Candidates will receive a stipend of Rs. Rs.25,000/- per month for the first two years and a contingency grant of Rs.20,000/-per annum.
- Candidate must have M.Sc./MA or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC Candidates and 50% for the SC/ST & physically handicapped candidates
- Candidate who is appearing / has appeared in the final year (IV/VI Semester whichever is applicable, and final year where Semester system is not there) of M.Sc./MA or Equivalent Examination during the session (2015-2016) can also apply for the test.
- The age of the candidate must be 28 years as on 30th September, 2015 for admission to the eligibility test (upper age limit relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, physically handicapped (PH) and female candidates, 3 years in the case of OBC category.
- Aptitude test (Common for all)
- Life Sciences (microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary science)
- Social Sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology, social work, home sciences, statistics and Health economics)
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply through online at:
- Candidates can download the challan form after registering and should deposit an amount of Rs. 1,000/- for General/OBC and Rs. 800/- for SC/ST/PH in any of the State Bank of India branches in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination) in the “Power Jyoti” PUL Current Account No. 32211616762.
Last date for filling of online application : 12th May, 2015
Late date of fee deposit in Bank : 15th May, 2015
Date of Entrance Examination (Tentative) : 19th July, 2015
For more Details, Please Visit: http://icmr.applyforexam.com/pdf/prospectus-2015.pdf