- Fellowship is for a period of 5 years(the PhD programme consists of course work of one year duration followed by research work of up to 4 years duration)
- The fellows will receive a stipend of Rs. 16,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 18,000/- per month for the subsequent years, subject to satisfactory yearly progress.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- For Physics candidates: M.Sc. degree in Physics with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and who have cleared Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST 2015) and/or CSIR-UGC NET in June/December 2014.
- For Chemistry and Life Sciences candidates: M.Sc. degree with minimum 60% overall marks, in Chemistry or Life Sciences, and who have qualified either GATE-2015 or CSIR-UGC NET held in June/December 2014.
- Candidates who are completing the qualifying degree in summer of 2015 can also apply, provided they have minimum of 60% overall marks in the completed semesters.
Age limit :
- The applicant should be born on or after 1st August, 1989(Age relaxation will be Five years for SC/ST candidates, Three years for OBC candidates and Ten years for Physically Handicapped candidates).
- The selection of the students is upon Screening of the applications, followed by Interview of the short-listed candidates by the selection committees at RRCAT, Indore.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can download the application form at:
- Two copies of the duly filled in application form along with required copies of documents must be sent by Registered Post with A/D, or by Speed Post to: Administrative Officer-III
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
PO : CAT, Indore 452 013
- Candidates should write on the top of the envelope as “Application for RRCAT-PhD Programme-2015 (Physics/Chemistry/Life Sciences)”
for online submission: 6th April, 2015
for receiving applications by post: 13th April, 2015
- for Physics candidates:11th, 12th, 13th of May & on 15th, 16th, 17th of June, 2015, at RRCAT, Indore.
- For Chemistry and Life Sciences: 14th, 15th of May 2015.
For more details, please visit: http://www.rrcat.gov.in/hrd/advt/phdad.html