- Duration of the Fellowship is 6 to 9 months
- The fellowships provide a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees.
- Fellowship is available in the fields of: Agricultural Sciences; Applied Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; International Security and Strategic Studies; Public Health Policy and Management; Public Policy (limited to Science and Technology Policy); Science and Technology (limited to bio-engineering, climate change sciences, computer and mathematical sciences, and neurosciences); Study of India (limited to language/literature/linguistics, history, and visual and performing arts); Study of the United States (limited to language/literature/linguistics, history, and visual and performing arts); Urban and Regional Planning; Women and Gender Studies.
The applicants should:
- have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S.
- be registered for PhD at an Indian institution at least one year prior to the date of application.
- upload a letter from PhD supervisor that comments on research work and the usefulness of the fellowship, and indicates the PhD registration date and topic.
- Submit the PhD thesis not earlier than three months after Fulbright-Nehru grant end date.
- upload a ‘writing sample’ such as a copy of an article or paper published/presented or extracts from the M.Phil. thesis in your online application form
How to Apply: The mode of applying is through online
Last date:1st July, 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.usief.org.in