The School of Public Policy at Central European University (SPP) and the Central European University Institute for Advanced Study (CEU IAS) in Budapest, and the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi) in Berlin, invite applications from researchers to participate in the Global Challenges Fellowship program.
- The Global Challenges Fellows (GCF) spend 7-8 months doing analytical and empirical work at SPP/CEU IAS in Budapest , and engaging with policy practitioners at GPPi in Berlin.
- The program will support two junior and two senior Fellows per year.
- Junior and senior level fellowships are available in the following areas:
- Peace & security
- Humanitarian assistance & human rights
- Development & good governance
- Internet governance
- Changing global institutions
- Fellows will work on a concrete project within one of five research areas that leads to a publication in the form of an academic piece (a working paper/ journal article) and/or a policy paper that builds on academic research.
- Fellows receive an allowance for accommodation in Budapest and Berlin and a monthly stipend.
- Senior fellows will receive a net monthly stipend of 2,500 Euros where as junior fellows will receive a net monthly stipend of 1,500 Euros for the duration of the program to help support their stay in Budapest and Berlin.
- All fellows and their families receive a housing allowance in Budapest and Berlin.
- Fellows also receive limited travel funds up to 2,000 Euros for travel to and from their home country and between Budapest and Berlin, as well as health insurance.
- be a resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, and Turkey
- hold an academic degree such as Master’s, PhD, or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities and
- have at least three years of professional experience in the case of junior fellows and 15 years of professional experience in the case of senior fellows
- be able to communicate fluently in English (in speaking & writing)
- The selection process is done through interviews with shortlisted candidates and the quality of the research proposal, publication record, research agenda, relevance and feasibility of proposed project, record of policy engagement, and English language proficiency.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is through online.
Last Date: 30th March, 2015
Result Date: By the End of April 2015
For more Details, Please Visit: http://www.globalchallengesfellowship.net/about-the-program/