Valencia moved level with La Liga champion Atletico Madrid in third with a comfortable 2-0 win over David Moyes’s Real Sociedad on Sunday.
Argentine winger Pablo Piatti bagged both goals in a three minute spell early in the second-half as he slotted home low crosses from Dani Parejo and Sofiane Feghouli.
A fourth defeat in 14 league games under Moyes leaves Sociedad still in 11th.
Four goals in 16 minutes
On Saturday, Bueno struck four times from the 23rd to the 38th minutes to lead Rayo’s stunning 4-2 comeback win over Levante and send its fans at Vallecas Stadium into raptures in a remarkable first half.
Former champion Barcelona kept the pressure on Real Madrid at the top of the League standings with Luis Suarez scoring his third goal of the week before setting up Lionel Messi.
Suarez, who scored twice in a 2-1 victory at Manchester City on Tuesday, arguably had his best game since joining Barcelona.
“He has been playing at a very high level,” Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said of Suarez.
The results: On Sunday: Valencia 2 (Piatti 53, 56) bt Real Sociedad 0.
On Saturday: Rayo Vallecano 4 (Bueno 23, 32, 33, 38) bt Levante 2 (Victor 13, Uche 85); Almeria 0 drew with Deportivo La Coruna 0; Malaga 3 (Juanmi 10, Darder 57, Horta 68) bt Getafe 2 (Vazquez 55, 76); Granada 1 (Fran Rico 52-pen) lost to Barcelona 3 (Rakitic 25, Suarez 48, Messi 70).
- Up to 35% off or more on sporting goods
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Merchandise
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.