Unique features: Support for discovery, proof-of-concept and early stage innovations, R&D aimed at affordable product development
- To nurture and mentor innovative and emerging technologies/ entrepreneurs, to assist new enterprises to forge appropriate linkages with academia and government
- To create opportunities for starting new technology-based or knowledge-based businesses by science entrepreneurs
- To stimulate technological innovations.
- Financial support is extended as a Grant-in-aid limited to Rs. 50.00 lakhs with a contribution from the Company.
Biotechnology Industry Partnership Programme (BIPP)
Unique features: An Advanced Technology Scheme for high risk, transformational technology/ process development from proof-of-concept to validation leading to high value product commercialization
- Fulfilling major unmet national needs.
- New and futuristic technology development for increasing global competitiveness.
- Novel IP generation.
- Supporting Start-ups, SMEs and other Biotech companies on cost sharing basis.
- Financial support is extended as a Grant-in-aid with a matching contribution by the Company.
Who can apply?
- A single or consortia of Indian company (ies)* – Small, Medium or Large having DSIR** recognized in-house R&D unit(s), alone or in collaboration with a partner from another Company/ Institute/ Organization/ University.
- The main industry applicant should have DSIR** recognized in-house R&D unit or alternatively, the applicant should be incubated at an Incubation
- Centre/ Biotech Park which has a valid SIRO/ DSIR Certificate.
- An Indian Company is defined as one which is registered under “The Indian Companies Act 1956” and in which 51% (or more) of the ownership is held by Indian citizens
- The Companies should have DSIR certificate. Companies in the process of obtaining DSIR recognition may also apply along with the proof of application for DSIR.
- However, the final decision on such applications would be subject to their getting DSIR recognition.
How to Apply: Candidates can apply online only.
Last Date: 31-March-2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.birac.nic.in