(i) Start of On-Line Submission of Application Form and Fee deposit through Bank Challan – 13.02.2015
(ii) Date of close of deposit of fee (at All stations) – 11.03.2015
(iii) Date of close of On-Line submission of Applications (at All stations) – 12.03.2015
CSIR-UGC NET Life Sciences Study Material | Click Here
Subjects Of The Test
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
This is How You Crack It!! | Click Here
- BS-4 years program/BE/B.Tech/B.Pharm/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (50% for SC/ST candidates, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates).
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply
- B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit& Relaxation
- For JRF (NET):Maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2015 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
- For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 21st June, 2015 for 200 marks.
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam. Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects including Engineering Sciences. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
In Engineering Sciences, Part ‘B’ shall contain questions pertaining to Mathematics & Engineering Aptitude & Part ‘C’ shall contain subject related multiple choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics in the syllabus.
And for other disciplines:
Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.
How to apply
- Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in .
- Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to Sr. Controller of Examination, Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash:
- General – Rs. 1000/-
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)-Non Creamy Layer – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) – Rs. 250/-
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit – 17.03.2015
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit (from remote areas) -23.03.2015
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis – 20.04.2015
- Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website – 15.05.2015
- Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test 20.05.2015 –
- Issue of e-Admission Certificate to registered candidates Mid June, 2015
- Exam date: 21st June, 2015(tentative)
For more details, please visit: http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/notification_main_june2015.pdf