- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Geophysics, Ocean Sciences, Atmospheric Sciences, Space Physics, and Environmental Sciences with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
- Students from all disciplines applying for JRF programme must have had Physics and Mathematics in their Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree should be on or after August 2013. Those students expecting a Master’s degree by August, 2015 are also eligible to apply, subject to having secured first class (60 %) or equivalent grades up to the last semester.
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: 25 years as on 31.12.2014 (born on or after 31.12.1989).
The selected candidates will be offered a consolidated amount of Rs.16,000/- per month for two years which will be raised to Rs.18,000/- in the third year subject to satisfactory academic review.
How to apply
Applications are to be submitted on online
Last date: 28th February, 2015.
For more details, please visit: http://www.prl.res.in/