Key facts e-Raksha Research Centre
- This centre is established by GTU in collaboration with Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF).
- Its goal is to establish a peaceful and harmonious cyber space through research in this area.
- Various activities like research on latest techniques of cybercrime and capacity building on this issue to the faculties, students and government officers will be undertaken by this centre.
- It will also support Union government’s Make in India campaign by manufacturing routers, switches, firewalls, UTMs (Unified Threat Management) and other network appliances.
- This centre will also train students in areas of cyber security and enhance their capability to provide solution for issues related to it.
- It will support government in protecting critical infrastructure and mission critical services including research on malwares such as botnet by setting up malware analysis test bed.
Gujarat Technological University (GTU): It is headed by the state government and came into existence on the 16th of May, 2007.