Students are paid a scholarship of Rs. 25,000 per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000 thereafter for the next three years, subject to satisfactory progress.
In addition, they are paid a book grant of Rs.5, 000 per annum for four years.
Hostel accommodation, if available or HRA in lieu of will be provided for a period of five years. RRI encourages and supports participation of students in national and international conferences.
Candidates seeking admission in physics must have M.Sc. degree in Physics/Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent or first class B.E/B.Tech. degree in Engineering.
Candidates seeking admission in Chemistry/Nanotechnology or Nanoscience must have M.Sc. degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
Students who expect to complete their final degree in the academic year 2014-15 may also apply, provided they can produce their final score card at the time of admission.
- The candidates are selected for interview based on their performance in written test held at RRI or UGC/-CSIR NET (Chemistry) for JRF.
- The final selection for all the candidates is based on the performance in the interviews to be held at RRI in the first week of June 2015.
- Call letters for written test/interviews will be sent around mid-April, 2015
How to Apply?
- Students can apply online through http://www.rri.res.in/phd_programme.html link . ONLINE applications are preferred.
- Hard copy of the application forms can be requested from the admissions office, by sending a self-addressed envelope (25 x 20 cm)to the following address:
Raman Research Institute
CV Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar,
Bengaluru – 560 080
Last date: 31st March, 2015.
For more details, please visit: www.rri.res.in