The candidates should
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons.
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be employed by a hospital affiliated to a university which is eligible to nominate candidates to the Commission
- Be available to commence their Medical Fellowship in the United Kingdom on 1 October 2015 Have qualified as either a doctor or dentist between 1 October 2005 and 30 September 2008, or before 1 October 2000
- Met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) or General Dental Council (GDC) by 6 March 2015.
- Approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Medical Fellowship (the cost of journeys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Medical Fellow’s dependants)
- A research support grant
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £1,563 per month (£1,938 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area) – rates quoted at 2014-2015 levels
- Reimbursement of the fee for a single English language test and of the fee for GMC/GDC registration
- An initial arrival allowance
- A grant for expenses for approved travel within the United Kingdom or overseas
- Candidates should note that there is no spouse or child allowance available. A Medical Fellow who is widowed, divorced or a lone parent and is accompanied by children for whom she/he is solely legally responsible will receive an allowance in respect of the first accompanying child and child allowances for the second and third accompanying children. The level of financial support given towards the costs of family maintenance in the UK is under review and is subject to change in terms of both eligibility and rate availability.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted using the Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS), a link to which is available on: http://bit.ly/cscuk-medical-fellowships .
Last date: 03 December, 2014.
For more details, please visit: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk