The scholarship given by NISER is Rs. 16,000/- for first 2 years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 18,000/- for remaining years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
- For PhD in Biological Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in masters in any branches of Biology, life sciences and bioinformatics.
- Student with masters in any branches of natural or computer sciences with interest in pursuing career in biology are also eligible to apply.
- For PhD in Chemical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in M.Sc. or in an equivalent degree in Chemistry, Physics, Applied Chemistry, Biochemistry, Material Science, any one of the subject.
- For PhD in Physical Sciences Program: Candidates should have60% in M.Sc in Physics and allied fields or equivalent degree in BE/B.Tech/M.Tech.
- For PhD in Mathematical Sciences Program: Candidates should have60% in M.Sc or in an equivalent degree in Mathematics.
- Candidates should have qualified the CSIR-UGC NET/ GATE/ JEST/ NBHM/ INSPIRE or any other equivalent examination valid for the current year in the relevant area of research.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can obtain the application form from
- The download application forms be submitted with a bank draft of Rs. 3950/-. The application forms purchased from the counter be submitted along with bank draft of Rs. 2600/- drawn in the favour of Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana payable at Ludhiana.
Last date: 14th November, 2014.
For more details, please visit: http://www.niser.ac.in/notices/2014/academic/PhD-Advt-2014-15(winter).pdf