Home / Current Affairs / Maha govt orders probe into Mumbai power cut

Maha govt orders probe into Mumbai power cut

Maharashtra government today ordered an inquiry into the massive power outages faced by several parts of south and central Mumbai yesterday.

An in-depth inquiry would be conducted by Principal Secretary-Energy of the state government, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here after a cabinet meeting this afternoon.

“The state Cabinet has taken a serious cognisance of the power failure in Mumbai yesterday,” Chavan tweeted.

Several parts of south and central Mumbai had faced massive power outages after a unit of Tata Power’s Trombay plant, which primarily supplies power to the city, tripped.

Tata Power, which was allowed to distribute power in the island city last month, said the tripping forced it to switch off several feeders.

The tripping resulted in load reduction in Parel, Mahalaxmi, Dharavi, Chembur, and Grant Road areas of south Mumbai.

This impacted controlling loading on the 220Kv Kharghar-Nerul-Sonkar-Trombay tie line which supplies power to the city.

Leave a Reply

x

Check Also

Pakistan players target first World Cup win against India

If you talk to any Pakistani player ahead of Sunday’s clash against ...

Sunanda case: Tharoor quizzed once again

Congress MP Shashi Tharoor was today questioned by the Special Investigation Team ...